Elephant Sands Botswana
- Elephant Sands is a bush lodge & campsite north of Francistown and Nata on the road to Pandamantenga in the north-eastern part of Botswana, about 30 km from Hwange National Park as the crow flies. It is a perfect stopover location while en-route to Makgadikgadi Pan, Central Kalahari or Maun. We have used it on 3 or 4 of our trips to the Okavango and Zimbabwe, it is a well earned rest stop to break what would otherwise be a very long and tiring drive. One has the option of a remote camping site or rooms and chalets to choose from depending on one’s needs.
- Come and enjoy viewing the Ellie’s at our natural waterhole right in front of the lodge. Watch these impressive creatures whilst they drink at only a couple of meters away from you, a unique experience!
- There is plenty of other wildlife around as well on our unfenced 16000 ha private conservancy. The lack of fences allows all animals to roam freely.
- Its clear to see from the pictures below how close one gets to the magnificent and graceful amimals. The pictures are a collection of shots taken on our many stops at Elephans Sands over the years on our way to the Okavango or Central Kalahari.
Unbelievable Elephant sightings
- We have been to Elephant Sands on 3 occasions, and each time the Ellie viewing has been exceptional as can be seen by the numerous photographs below. If you select a trip to either the Central Kalahari or the Okavango we would recommend at least one night at Elephant Sands to experience the Ellies , you wont be disappointed.
Designed and coded by Silvaman for African Sunroad Tourism AfricanSunroadTourism