Babylonstoren Wine Walk
Scenic valley stroll on farm roads and single track trails alongside the impressive Babylonstoren & Kleinrivier Mountains, through olive groves and vineyards.
- 9 km (3-4 hrs walking time)
- Easy-moderate walk
- Fynbos, vineyards and farms
- Tastings at Ataraxia and Spookfontein
- Lunch option at Spookfontein or nearby Moggs Country Cookhouse
Bouchard Fynlayson Experience
Fynbos & vineyard ramble from La Vierge hilltop through to Bouchard Finlayson Estate, the most awarded wine estate in the valley.
- 6-7 km (2-3 hrs walking time)
- Easy walk
- Protea fynbos, farm lands, Afromontane forest & vineyards
- Wine tastings at La Vierge & Bouchard Finlayson
- Deli platter (2 people sharing)
Sumaridge Estate Experience
Panoramic mountain views are enjoyed as we walk around the De Bos dam, through vineyards, orchards and horse stud farms. Returning to the beautifully appointed Sumaridge tasting room to sample the estate wines.
- 6-7 km (2.5-3 hrs walking time)
- Easy -moderate walk
- Farms, fynbos, orchards and vineyards.
- Wine tasting at Sumaridge Estate
La Vierge Route
Start the adventure with a La Vierge wine tasting, enjoyed with a fabulous view of the Hemel & Aarde Valley wine valley. From here the trail winds through farmland and country roads to Sumaridge Wine Estate for another excellent tasting of the valleys best.
- 6 km ( 3-4 hr total time)
- Requires a later start time (from 10 a.m)
- Easy – moderate walk
- Wine tasting at La Vierge winery and Sumaridge Estate