Overberg 3 Night Ramble
The Overberg 3 night ramble. On day 1 of your check in to your 4-star cottage on a beautiful farm in the Hemel & Aarde Valley. Well positioned for exploring the Overberg and enjoying all the activities Hermanus has to offer.
Checking time: 14:00
Arrival in the valley and settle into the accommodation .
Enjoy a relaxed evening with a traditional braai experience, paired with some award winning local wines and star gazing if weather permits. After dinner we have a closer look at the African night sky as your guide points out the various constellations visible at that time of year.
After breakfast on the overberg ramble, we head off to Hermanus for the legendary cliff path walk. On our Overberg 3 night ramble famous for the best shore-based whale viewing and breathtaking coastal scenery. Along the well constructed paths there are educational boards displaying the vast biodiversity of the area. While exploring the old harbour towns interesting sights we visit the Harbour, War Memorial, Whale museum and African market. We continue along the coastal path to the Blue flag Grotto Beach. The organized part of the day is over so you have free time to enjoy lunch at Dutchies and then spend some time enjoying the beach and the magical milkwood forest.
(Leisurely 10- 12km)
On day 3 of the Overberg 3 night ramble, spend the better part of the day in Fernkloof Nature Reserve, a gem in the Cape Floral Kingdom. We climb to Galpin Peak and Sculpture Corner, with stunning views of Hermanus and the Wine Valley while enjoying a picnic lunch with these amazing views. Exceptional floral biodiversity and magnificent scenery make for an unforgettable experience. The gardens at Fernkloof are well worth visiting with good bird & tortoise sightings.
Overberg 3 night ramble
Take a drive past Kleinmond to the Stoney Point Penguin Colony. One of only 2 land-based breeding colonies in South Africa. Great photo opportunities on the Overberg 3 night ramble, wonderful bird-life and rugged coastal scenery with penguins nesting beside the wooden walkways.
Thereafter we visit the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens. For the energetic a walk through Leopards Gorge to view the waterfall is breathtaking. Excellent bird-life and floral displays with regular sightings of baboons and smaller creatures makes this visit a highlight.
- We are flexible and can tailor the distances of most of the walks to suit your fitness level.
- The accommodation is usually on one farm. The advantage of course is that one only needs to unpack once. But depending on the season and availability 2 venues may be required.
- Accommodation is also available in Hermanus town should a longer stay interest you.
- Transfer too & from the airport can be arranged, as well as any other unlisted excursions.
Quote includes the following:
- 3 nights 4 -star Farm- stay accommodation
- Conservation and reserve entrance fees
- Traditional braai with wine on DAY 1.
- 3 Breakfasts, picnics, snacks & lunches as listed
- Bottled Water for hikes
- Tea & coffee & snacks on route except on DAY 2
- Packed lunches on DAY 3 & 4
- Professionally Guided (FGASA Field & Marine Guides, Cape Tourism & Wine Guide)
- First Aid & back-up assistance
- Day 2 meals and refreshments
- Dinners other than braai
- Unscheduled taxi transfers