Overberg 4 Night Ramble
Check in to your 4-star cottage on a beautiful horse farm in the Hemel & Aarde Valley, a 40 hectare working farm. Well positioned for exploring the Overberg and enjoying all the activities Hermanus has to offer.
Checking time: 14:00
Arrival in the valley and settle into the accommodation complete with TV, WiFi & swimming pool.
Enjoy a relaxed evening with a traditional braai experience, paired with some award winning local wines and star gazing if weather permits.
After breakfast we head off to Hermanus for the legendary cliff path walk, famous for the best shore-based whale viewing and breathtaking coastal scenery. Along the well constructed paths there are educational boards displaying the vast biodiversity of the area. Exploring the old harbour towns interesting sights we visit the Harbour, War Memorial, Whale museum and African market. We continue along the coastal path to the Blue flag Grotto Beach. Lunch at Dutchies and then spend some time enjoying the beach and the magical milkwood forest.
(Leisurely 10- 12km)
Spend the better part of the day in Fernkloof Nature Reserve, a gem in the Cape Floral Kingdom. We climb to Galpin Peak and Sculpture Corner with stunning views of Hermanus and the Wine Valley enjoying a lunch picnic with these amazing views. Exceptional floral biodiversity and magnificent scenery make for an unforgettable experience. The gardens at Fernkloof are well worth visiting with good bird & tortoise sightings.
(Distance 8-15km) Depending on fitness
Breakfast before heading to Sumaridge Estate to explore the “Heaven & Earth Valley”, nestling between 2 fynbos laden mountain ranges. This interesting and varied route winds along country roads and single tracks through vineyards and orchards, horse stud and fruit farms. We brew coffee in a forest & have a light snack before the trail leads us to the tasting room of Sumaridge for a wine tasting and magnificent platter. (12km) longer 16 km available
12 km walk along the pristine blue flag Grotto Beach to a sandstone rock outcrop. Interesting Marine life and shipwreck history make this a most enjoyable walk. 4-5 hr walks.
Please contact us for a quote
- The days are interchangeable
- We are flexible and can tailor the distances of most of the walks to suit your fitness level.
- At present the accommodation is on one farm. The advantage of course is that one only needs to unpack onceJ.
- Accommodation is also available in Hermanus town should a longer stay interest you.
- Transfer to & from the airport can be arranged, as well as any other unlisted excursions.
Quote includes the following:
- 4 nights 4 -star Farm stay accommodation
- Conservation & entry fees to reserves
- Traditional braai (barbeque) with wine on DAY 1
- 3 Breakfasts, picnics, snacks & lunches as listed
- Bottled Water for hikes
- Tea & coffee & snacks on route except on DAY 2
- Lunch on DAY 3 ,4 & 5
- Cellar platters
- Wine tastings
- Professionally Guided (FGASA Field & Marine Guides, Cape Tourism & Wine Guide)
- First Aid & back-up assistance
- Wine purchases
- Day 2 meals and refreshments
- Dinners other than braai
- Unscheduled taxi transfers